Welcome to the Grande Traversata delle Alpi WikiEdit
The GTA is a 55-day hiking trail following the Alpine arc through Piedmont, Italy. This wiki helps fellow hikers to obtain and share practical information, especially about trail conditions and accomodations. Collaboration is highly welcome.
By now, this wiki contains basic information on all legs in the southernmost part of the GTA, between Tanaro and Maira valleys. Most importantly, it indicates all accomodations with phone number, opening period, and web link.
- Southern extensions: From the Mediterranean to Val Tanaro
- Ligurian and Sea Alps: From Val Tanaro to Valle Stura di Demonte
- Cottian Alps: From Valle Stura di Demonte to Val di Susa
- Graian Alps: From Val di Susa to Dora Baltea valley
- Pennine Alps: From Dora Baltea to Val Anzasca
- Northern extensions: Into Switzerland